I had a buddy in my lan with whom I shared files and such. But recently
our campus network management decided to give our my dorm building
another external ip, and put a firewall( I think) between us. So now
instead of both of us having the same 141.85.0.75 I now have
141.85.0.76. So my question is, being a n00b and all, what can I use in
order to restore the direct connection? I asked my only physical
present network admin but apparently his only role is pugin computers
in switches and give us an ip so he doesn't know nothing. I did a nmap
on the gateway but I've only found 53/tcp open. I wouldn't wanna revert
to skype or other 3rd party computers since, I guess, it will
segnificantlly lower our transfer speeds, requier bothe our
presence...etc. So what way should I be heading here? Any advice is
welcome!Thanks!