Justin wrote:
Igor Mikushkin schrieb:
Hello!

I have a problem.
emerge -av eclipse-sdk
failed with this:

[ebuild  NSF  ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17  USE="X alsa -doc -examples
-jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB

Why the fetch is restricted?
And how to avoid this?
Fetch it! Why it is fetch restricted? I don't know, but agree with you, that it s...!
Thanks.
Best Regards.
Igor Mikushkin

I agree, it is silly. You have to go to the website, usually listed with the message that it is fetch restricted, then copy or move it to /usr/portage/distfiles. Why? Well, the idiots want you to agree to their license and the only way they are smart enough to get you to do that is to make everything else screwed up and for you to go to their site and get the software. See, they are programmers that are not smart enough to come up with anything else. Smart huh? Make you wonder about how smart their software is yet? LOL LOL

Dale