Stroller,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. My original intent was to only send
mail from abulafia, not receive it from outside (of course it can be
delivered locally). Is it still necessary to have an MX record made for
abulafia? Maybe I'll go ahead and give that a try.

Joomla has always had a valid address as far as mail.ipr.edu is concerned,
but is from an address that doesn't exist locally on abulafia- matter? In my
experience this from address hasn't mattered. Unfortunately in joomla I
can't use an smtp server with ssl and a-plus requires it. If I could this
whole mess could be avioded- I'm not a mail man as it were.

-jason