On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Matt Harrison wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I've just tried adding lvm to my boot runlevel.
> Unfortunately, its exactly the same. The LVM service does now start,
> but I'm still told that no volumes can be found.
>
> I've verified that the raid arrays are all running ok, however LVM
> just seems to have lost all my partitions...which seems crazy.
>
> I really, really hope that the upgrade doesn't mean i've lost data.

It's highly unlikely you lost data, as the upgrade would not have
changed the on-disk metadata. If all else fails, you could boot off an
LVM-enabled LiveCD and you'll find all your volumes present. But first
we need to find out what's going on (my machine uses baselayout-2 and
openrc & my lvm volumes were unaffected.

What output do you get from
pvscan
vgscan
lvscan
vgchange -a y

and what's in the various logs regarding lvm startup?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com