On Friday 25 April 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Did this machine just get messed up over time and I didn't notice or
> did emerge --sync remove the profile from the system thus breaking
> everything?

Profiles are stored in $PORTAGE_DIR/profiles, so they do get removed
during a sync if they are no longer on the server, just like old
ebuilds get removed.

A missing profile shouldn't break anything beyond getting a huge big
error message when you try to emerge something. Just replace the
profile link to an existing current one and 'emerge -avuND world' as
normal

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com