I've recently grown interested in Linux for embedded devices, specifically,
ARM computers and ARM core DSP's. I am a Gentoo-linux user and an
electronics technician, and know nothing about programming operating
systems. Are there any relevant  projects, specifically  Gentoo flavored
once for embedded computing? I did come across commercial embedded oriented
distrobutions such as MonteVista Linux and such. I am a hobbyist, I can't
afford a hundreds of dollars development kits, and I would like to use tools
that I already somehow familiar with, such tools as Gentoo's. But are they?
can anyone point me to someone, somewhere, beneath web-sphere?