Neil Bothwick wrote:
I suggest you read the subject header and the original post. It is quite
clear what Mark was talking about, and these files are removed by emerge
--sync.

I have done that - in fact, I have been following the entire thread. However, it cannot be assumed that everyone does. That particular post could easily have misled someone just dipping in for the first time into believing that "emerge --sync" is dangerous. I felt it necessary to correct that. :)

Be lucky,

Neil

believed to be clean.