[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In the middle of doing a major upgrade from very old pkgs to current
2008 and compiling lots and lots of stuff.

Seeing that line `checking for WHATEVER' go by 486,211 times so far
makes me wonder if there wouldn't be someway to cache all those
answers somewhere so whatever test is done for each line could be
dispensed with for most of them.  Probably would need more than 2-3
compiles to have all but rare ones answered.

Some items really check a lot of things.

I think it would be a major time saver when discussing huge numbers
of compiles.

Hello,
"ccache" does caching, I use it and I'm very satisfied.

W. Canis