在 2008-05-05一的 11:35 +0200,econti写道:
> Hi all
> I'd like to install OO on my Gentoo PC. I ran
>
> emerge -s openoffice
> and here is the result
>
> *  app-office/openoffice
>       Latest version available: 2.4.0
>       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
>       Size of files: 247,060 kB
>       Homepage:      http://go-oo.org
>       License:       LGPL-2
>
> *  app-office/openoffice-bin
>       Latest version available: 2.4.0
>       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
>       Size of files: 1,149,284 kB
>       Homepage:      http://www.openoffice.org/
>       License:       LGPL-2
>

> Questions:
> 1 - the difference between openoffice and openoffice-bin
openoffice-bin is a binary tarball thus we don't have to build from
source. but it dosn't have so many USE flag as `openoffice` so I think
it's less flexible, most important, it's only for 32bit (on x86), so if
you need an amd64 version of OO, you'd better to build your own.
> 2 - how long does it take to compile openoffice-bin on a PC with 2 GB
> Ram and a AMD Athlon-64 3200+ Processor?
I think should be around 4 hrs, if it's a dual-core processor, that
should be faster.

--
Wang, Baojun                                                Lanzhou University
Distributed & Embedded System Lab                      http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn