On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Alan McKinnon writes:
> > For whatever reason (and it will be a good technical one) the only
> > version of vmware-modules you can use is 1.0.0.15*. So, you need
> > to:
> >
> > cd /etc/portage
> > echo ">=app-emulation/vmware-modules-1.0.0.16" >> package.use
> > emerge -avuND world
>
> Um, make this package.mask.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for picking that up

> Oh, and the -N switch is good style, but
> not really necessary, is it?

Correct again in this specific case as it turns out - no USE flags got
changed. I routinely just use -uND myself as I invariably want emerge
to consider deep USE flag changes. I find that emerge can still do the
extra processing in less time than it takes me to figure out if I
need/want -N or not :-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com