On Monday 23 June 2008 16:55:08 Miika Linnapuomi wrote:
> Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:00:41 -0400
>
> "Matthew R. Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Did you run grub-install?
> >
> > No, and before I do, given the warnings in the manual, I want to make
> > sure I don't screw up
> > I have a standard partition layout with three partitions sda1 (boot)
> > sda2 (swap) sda3 (the rest). sda1 is the bootable partition
> >
> > So I issue the command grub-instal /dev/sda
> > Correct??
> >
> > Thanks
> > Matt
>
> Yes, grub-install /dev/sda should do it. Just make sure /boot is mounted
>

> Thanks
>
> Miika
Well I ran grub-install, but I've run into a problem.
When I reboot the splash and menu do not appear, so I can't select which
kernel to boot.  If I press return the the first kernel in the list is
loaded. After a screen full of gibberish the normal list of processes etc
intitating fill the screen until X starts.
I've included my grub.conf below.
Anybody know what the problem is?
Thanks
Matt

default 0

timeout 30

splashimage=(hd0,0) /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=Gentoo 2.6.22-r2

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.22-r2-2 root=/dev/sda3
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

title=Gentoo 2.6.25-r5

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.25-r5 root=/dev/sda3
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Dr. Matthew R. Lee

[EMAIL PROTECTED]