Some (and only some) multimedia audio broke in the last few of updates
on two of my systems with cmi chipsets - I had to select IEC958 Monitor
before I got sound back. Might be the same thing.  and no, I am not
using digital output.

If this doesnt help you, might help someone else as it was a pita to
find the cause as I am not using the digital outputs from the card.

BillK