On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:46:41 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

> »Q« <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I've just read your outdated page
>
> It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible
> development in cdrkit. So I asume that  they did not add new bugs.

cdrkit 1.1.7.1 was released 17 March 2008.

cdrkit 1.1.8 is in portage and has been available from cdrkit.org
since 25 May 2008.

> > <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>.  Where you
> > listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
> > they'd affect most users).  Most of what you cite as bugs are just
> > features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
> > have since you wrote that page).
>
> This is obviously FUD:

Nope, all of that was factual, though it's not worth it for me to list
the few entries that were specific enough for me to evaluate.  Only the
bugs you're *specific* about don't affect me.  In places where you are
more vague, I can't guess.  I'll just continue not to know.

> Just because you don't already know that you are affected does not
> mean that you are not affected.

I agree, about the ones that are vague.  If one affects me, I'll have to
wait until someone points it out to me and either explains or points to
an explanation.

> It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
> won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
> structure.

It'd be great if someone would point me to information about this
instead of just enjoying the prospect of it harming me.

I no longer expect you to provide any useful info, so I'll check out of
the thread now.  Good luck with your efforts to improve the situation,
if it needs improving.

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.