On 7/3/08, Michael Pobega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:24:49PM +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
>  > I'm finding it unusable as it crashes often. How are you guys finding it?
>  >

> That is how I found FF2, and why I initially switched to Galeon. But
>  when Firefox-3.0-r2 came out I gave FF another try, and I don't regret
>  it at all. FF3 is a vast improvement over FF2 for me, it's quicker, more
>  robust, takes up less memory, and the UI is a lot nicer. FF2 used to
>  memory leak like an old man with diareah, but no problems with FF3.
>
>  And I'm talking about the mozilla-firefox package, not -bin. For -bin I
>  have 2.0.0.14 installed in case I ever need to use FF2 for something...I
>  don't know what I would use it for but it can't hurt to have it.

Probably a bit OT, but out of boredom I decided to give the newly
released Opera 9.51 a spin - and I am pleasantly surprised. It's even
way faster than FF3 and the font rendering is totally awesome.
As I am developing quite some web-based stuff at work their new
Dragonfly Debugger/Inspector is a good substitute for Firebug and the
myopera.com integration supplies the much needed bookmark
synchronisation between machines that Foxmarks handles on Firefox.

--
Greetings,
            Gordon.