Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As this is an extension to what the basic compatibility mode allows, you of course need to _allow_ mkisofs to write files larger than 4 GB.

See the mkisofs man page ------> you need iso-level 3 or 4.

Jörg

I did try level 3 and still no joy.  Also tried UDF or something and no joy.

I got Kbackup to make 1Gb tarballs and it still does not burn. I got something like this:

You may either have an old k3b binary or the k3b sor some reason still uses the fork.

Jörg

I guess it is possible.  This is what I did try tho.

1215138661: === Unmerging... (app-cdr/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha34)

1215139599:  ::: completed emerge (1 of 1) app-cdr/cdrkit-1.1.6 to /

I did try both versions just to see and still gave me a error. NOT to start a flame war here but which one is the most 'up to date' package? Or should I say gets maintained the best?

May I also say this thing burns pretty swift. It's faster than a CD-RW. Just wish the buffers would stay "fuller".
Thanks

Dale