"Daniel Pielmeier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > You, or anybody else, notice anything strange, odd and/or just plain wrong?
> > Would a different version of k3b help?  I'm not sure what is causing this
> > problem just that I have one.  I would also be willing to try a command line
> > if you can provide me with the 'correct' options to test with.
> > Thanks.
>
> I did a bit testing last night and found out that the files and
> directories in the resulting images created by mkisofs all have
> permissions 000. What I see from the man pages is that the -udf and -r
> options are setting the user and group permissions to zero. When I
> used -UDF and -R instead I also get zero values. I checked this by
> using isoinfo to analyse the files within the image.
>
> This however there seems to be no problem for me as the DVD's are
> automounted with permissions 555 for folders and 444 for files.
>
> So what is the problem here, mkisofs creating images with wrong
> permissions, or this permissions are normal and some automounter or
> mount in general are/is mounting the DVD with wrong permissions
> probably with interference of the udf kernel driver.

UDF permissions created by mkisofs have been verified by mounting the images on
Solaris. As I could not see any deviations from the original permissions, I
suspect a problem in the Linux kernel.

If you have no Solaris, it could help to make a mount test with a Rock Ridge
mount. If the permissions are OK with Rock Ridge, then is is a bug in the UDF
implementation in the Linux kernel.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)