* Grant ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [25.07.08 21:23]:

> > Maybe it is just a buildtime dependency, if you only have the doc
> > USE-flag and not the xsl USE-flag enabled, this is very likely the
> > cause.
>
> I actually don't have doc or xsl USE explicitly enabled.  depclean
> wants to remove libxslt, so I'm doing that.  It's confusing because
> 'equery depends libxslt' says php and glib depend on libxslt.  I guess
> that's the buildtime dependency you're talking about?  Does that mean
> the package only needs to be installed while php and glib and being
> compiled, and can then be removed?

euse -i doc xsl
will give you info which is activated.

Remeber: php only depends on xsl when the use flag xsl is activated. the
same goes for glib, and because it's only the doc use flag which
activates it, I strongly believe libxslt is only needed to build the
documentation, since I doubt there is a runtime dependency for
documentation...

> - Grant

Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@N GÜNTHER         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]