Sebastian Wiesner schrieb:
Helmut Jarausch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at Thursday 31 July 2008, 13:27:24
Hi,

am I doing something wrong?

Whenever I emerge a new sys-libs/timezone-data
I need to do afterwards

rm -f /etc/localtime
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin /etc/localtime

(This is with baselayout-2.0.0)

Many thanks for a hint,

Why don't you just create /etc/timezone with "Europe/Berlin" as content?

I think this way is the more correcct one. according to the OpenRC migration guide:

Additionally, the TIMEZONE variable is no longer in this file. Its contents are instead found in the /etc/timezone file. If it doesn't exist, you will of course have to create it with your timezone. Please review both of these files to ensure their correctness.

The proper value for this file is the path relative to your timezone from /usr/share/zoneinfo. For example, for someone living on the east coast of the United States, the following would be a correct setting:

Code Listing 2.10: /etc/timezone

America/New_York