I recently started using tovid again and it seems to be having a lot of problems with the programs it uses. The last time I used it was in November and all worked well.

First there was a problem with libGL.so.1, it didn't seem to be on my system. ldd `which mplayer` said it wasn't found. After making a link (which I'm not sure is the correct fix) /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 now links to the /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so file. This got me a little further with tovid.

Second tovid now complains when it runs mplayer.  The error is:
        The fontconfig option can't be used in a config file.
        Error parsing option fontconfig=1 at line 132
        Warning unknown option subfont-osd-scale at line 133
        Warning unknown option subfont-text-scale at line 134

The /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf file has fontconfig=1 in it. If I leave this value tovid's mplayer command fails and if I use mplayer for something else it doesn't work. If I comment out fontconfig=1 the tovid mplayer command hangs, but then I can use mplayer to play videos.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
dave