Hi,

you can manage your /etc/make.profile symlink by eselect (emerge -av eselect) tool.

"Eselect is a tool for administration and configuration on Gentoo systems. It provides consistent interface and tool names."

eselect profile list - lists available profiles on your system
eselect profile set <num> - select a profile for portage to use

CJoeB  wrote / napísal(a):
Hi all,

I just did an emerge --sync and when I did 'emerge --pretend --update --deep world', I got told that my profile was deprecated.

I was told to run the following steps:

# cd /etc/
# rm make.profile
# ln -s ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/2008.0 make.profile

I just want to make sure that if I do this, nothing will get broken or if there are any "gotchas". If anyone has some words of wisdom, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Colleen