* Mick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [01.09.08 19:35]:
> On Sunday 31 August 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:04:03 +0100, Mick wrote:
> > > $ eix -Iu --only-names
> > > app-arch/lzma-utils
> > > dev-libs/libsigc++
> > > media-plugins/gst-plugins-x
> > > media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo
> > > sys-apps/hdparm
> > > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
> > > virtual/perl-Test-Harness
> > >
> > > However, when I run emerge -upDv --with-deps y world I get just one
> > > package:
> > >
> > > Where's the others gone?
> >
> > Probably old dependencies that are no longer needed? Did you run
> > emerge --depclean -p?
>
> No!  --depclean is evil!  :))  (and/or my system is borked).

Your system is borked! ;-)

> It tells me to remove dev-python/pycrypto, when portage seems to depend on it:
>
> # equery depends dev-python/pycrypto
> [ Searching for packages depending on dev-python/pycrypto... ]
> sys-apps/portage-2.1.4.4 (!build? >=dev-python/pycrypto-2.0.1-r6)

Well you could just add it to your world file, but I really think there
is something misconfigure on your system.

> Also, it tells me to remove hdparm-8.6.  I noticed that there is a 8.7
> version
> available, but emerge -uDv world does not pick this up . . .  why would that
> be so?

hdparm is not in the world file, and since no other package is depending
on it, portage is considering it's removal.

with emerge -n hdparm you can add it.

> # emerge -upDv hdparm

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild     U ] sys-apps/hdparm-8.9 [8.6] 75 kB
>
> Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 75 kB
> # emerge -upDv world

> Calculating world dependencies |
>                                              ... done!
>
> Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB

All correct: hdparm is not in your world file.

Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@N GÜNTHER         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]