On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 02:02:32PM +0000, Penguin Lover Grant Edwards squawked:
> > No clue why but it worked for me.  I agree that after being
> > recompiled it shouldn't need to do it again but it seems to do
> > the same on my rig.
>
> That's interesting.  Seems like a bug in python-updater.
>
> >> Definitely, but it'll have to wait until the computer can be
> >> left up for a day or so (it's a laptop, and it's not often in
> >> one place for that long).

Can you show the contents of python-updater -vp?

I think it is a bug, but I can't reproduce it at the moment. Reading
through /usr/sbin/python-updater (it is just script, you know) nothing
really seems wrong. But if you show the verbose messages and point out
which of the packages have been merged before, maybe we can track down
the issue.

"So the particle comes in from infinity and leaves. Of course this will take
an infinite amount of time, but then again we have lots of time."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 648 days, 13:54