Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:38:16 -0400, Andrey Vul wrote:
>
> > However, I don't know how to use the output of "find cd-root -type f
> > -or -type l | xargs sha1sum -b" to find duplicate files. Maybe someone
> > can donate a perl/python script to find duplicate files and list them?
>
> emerge -av app-misc/fdupes
> fdupes -r cd-root

This may help in case there are files that have the same content but are not
hardlinked together.

Mkisofs checks for pysically and virtually (e.g. via -graft-points) hard linked
files. Files with the same inode number appear only once in the .iso image
created by mkisofs.

The patch with -duplicates-once is from before December 2001 in a time where
POSIX did not allow 64 bit inode numbers. At that time, Cygwin did not work
properly as it hashed 64 bit NTFS inode numbers to 32 bit numbers. Since a long
time, Cygwin just uses 64 bit inode numbers for NTFS and mkisofs has no problem
to detect hard lionked files.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)