On Samstag 04 Oktober 2008, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have notice KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds were added to the official protage tree
> (still masked though). I'm interested in most brave KDE users' opinions wrt
> some concrete KDE apps' stability under KDE4 (in order of importance):
>
> KMail (without IMAP using)

works without any problems.

> Krusader 2.x (core, without 'Useractions')

don't know

> Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)

works well

> Amarok 2.x (dealing with local files only)

stay with amarok 1.4 ....

> Konsole (he-he :-) )

no problems there. But you might want to change some default settings to get
the 'open tab' and 'close tab' buttons back

> Kima applet

doesn't exist

> KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)

don't even know if it exists.

for the two above: there are countless plasmoids, just look around.

> KSysGuard

works.

> And I'm not interested in other rather classic desktop (I mean I'm not
> going to use compiz and such ruches).

why compiz? kde 4.1 has rather nice effects build in (which can be turned off
easily in systemsettings).