[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, b.n. wrote:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
>>> Thanks for the additional info.  Good to know!
>>>

>> I think this little misunderstanding could be solved, in the future,
>> by clarifying it (perhaps in a footnote) in the gentoo docs. To me
>> the instructions for java etc. have always been clear, but it doesn't
>> mean it is always the case.
>
> Well, my thinking was Sun does not equal Gentoo therefore Sun is a 3rd
> party.  Being less than a week on the Gentoo scene, and having no
> experience as a developer, coder, administrator or any other computer
> profession, I am still in the foothills of the learning curve
> regarding Gentoo specific jargon like Ebuilds.
>
> I appreciate the patience.

The rest of us appreciated it when we first started too.  I think it is
one of those things that depending on how you view it, it can be taken
more than one way.  I know sometimes what emerge spits out just plan
don't make sense to me but it does after someone explains it to me a
little.  Sometimes a LOT.

Hang in there.  It gets better.

Dale

:-)  :-)