On Sunday 19 October 2008 18:48:37 Philip Webb wrote:
> I suspect there wb pleas for help from users who run out of disk space:
> earlier versions needed  < 3 GB , so this is a big jump,
> esp as I have  2 GB  memory (I didn't check how much it was using).

I have 4.5G free in /var and I've already run out of disk space TWICE trying
to build OOo-3.0.0. I had to create a temporary logical volume and mount it
at /var/tmp/portage/ just to get the thing to build.

This is getting insane. Sun needs to have a good long hard look at this build
process - 5G+ to build a package that totals 380M when installed is just a
tad over the top in my book

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com