On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Daniel Pielmeier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Bridge schrieb am 28.10.2008 18:21:
>> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:08:32 -0400
>> "James Homuth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> During an update attempt this afternoon, these little surprises were
>>> waiting for me. I took a look at the archives, and naturally, google,
>>> but all I found were lots of the same error, and no information on
>>> it/what's broken. Anyone else having this particular problem? The
>>> block errors are below.
>>>
>>> [blocks B     ] sys-libs/ss (is blocking
>>> sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
>>>
>>> [blocks B     ] <sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41 (is blocking
>>> sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
>>>
>>> [blocks B     ] sys-libs/com_err (is blocking
>>> sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
>>>
>>> [blocks B     ] sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs (is blocking
>>> sys-libs/ss-1.40.9,
>>> sys-libs/com_err-1.40.9)
>>>
>>> This was during an emerge --update world.
>>>

>> emerge -C e2fsprogs, ss, com_err && emerge -1 e2fsprogs
>>
>> e2fsprogs is being restructured, which is causing the problem.
>
> If you go the route of uninstalling things first, make sure that you
> have the sources prepared as wget might not work for some use flag
> combinations when you remove e2fsprogs, ss, com_err in advance.

Sadly, I did not read this until these were all unmerged, and wget is
truly broken.

Happily, I do run with buildpkg on all the time, but an this the first time I've
really needed them.  Getting back to a running system was pretty easy.

However, this does not really solve the problem.  What's a safe way to
do this emerge?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD