Mike Edenfield wrote:
b.n. wrote:

* Overlay eclass overrides eclass from PORTDIR:

Could anyone explain me what does it mean in practice?

The cause of this message is that one of the overlays you have
configured includes an eclass that already exists in base portage. This
happens when the overlay includes ebuilds that require enhanced behavior
from a current eclass.

In this case, I think it's because parts of the desktop-effects overlay are making it into the tree \o/ so you'll notice some duplication until this is finished.

Don't forget to layman -s ALL and this message might go away for this instance.

BOFH Excuse #23:

improperly oriented keyboard