Peter Gille wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Peter Gille wrote:

        Hello list,

        All of the programs on my computer using qt4 segfaults on startup.

    Did you try revdep-rebuild?

Yes. The only broken binaries I have are from virtualbox, which shouldn't affect anything.
emerge @preserved-rebuild only showed quake3 as broken.
I have already re-emerged those two anyway.

Did you check if the programs in question really do depend only on Qt4? Try the ldd tool to see the libs a binary uses.

I do have "-qt4" in the USE flags though. Try that and see how many packages this would rebuild (emerge -pDN world). Yeah, this is pretty much shotgun debugging, but it might point to the culprit :P