On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 09:38, Volker Armin Hemmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dienstag 18 November 2008, Sebastian Günther wrote:
>> * Dirk Heinrichs ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [18.11.08 07:53]:
>> >
>> > Hmm, you already complained about installation (or compile) time in the
>> > cfg- update thread. Why did you choose Gentoo, if you don't like
>> > compiling stuff?
>>
>> Because it is about choice, and if you choose, not to use KDE, then you
>> can do it.
>>
>> You can even choose not to use qt, and leave a whole bunch of bloated
>> libs out.
>>
>> > BTW: I run KDE updates in the night.
>>
>> Well, I never compile KDE. One big monster like Gnome is enough...
>>
>> > Bye...
>> >
>> >     Dirk
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]@N
>
> so you decided to install the even bigger, more bloated monster?
> smart choice!
>
> But why attacking Dirk for his valid question? The OP has complained in two
> threads about compiling. If you don't like compiling, gentoo is not for you.

It doesn't seem like a complain, if you read it like you would really answer it.

It wast just a comment to justify the question. I don't see a reason
to question his comment. Gentoo is about choice (not just compiling),
and this thread is about Getting rid of all KDE components. Someone
goes off-topic and all of a sudden the OP feels attacked (I would feel
the same). If you're not going to answer the question, don't send it
to the list.

I have removed KDE long time ago, and right now I have most of it back
so I can use one or two programs (I just love K3B, never used KDE as a
WM, but K3B kicks ass, and Gentoo, as I said, is about choice). It
seems to me that if you remove all kde basic components, all
dependencies (its the case of your arts list) would be target for
removal by emerge --depclean... Run revdep-rebuild and maybe check the
-e option of emerge to get rid of whatever is left (or wants to come
back).

--
Daniel da Veiga