Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, my ff-3.0.4 works correctly, so you at least have a working install to
> compare to. Mine was a case of 'emerge mozilla-firefox", oh look, it works

Yeah, I haven't been able to find any bugs or threads on this issue,
so it seems I got unlucky.

> What linguas do you have in USE, and what spell checkers are installed?

I added LINGUAS="en en_US" into my make.conf, I never had LINGUAS
specified before today. The issue persists with this LINGUAS setting.

The packages I have installed that match "spell" are:
$ equery l spell
[ Searching for package 'spell' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] app-dicts/aspell-en-6.0.0 (0)
[I--] [  ] app-text/aspell-0.60.5 (0)
[I--] [  ] app-text/gtkspell-2.0.14 (0)
[I--] [  ] app-text/hunspell-1.2.6 (0)

I should also note that spell checking works fine in Pidgin, though I
think Pidgin has its own spell checker somehow. I also just tried in
Opera, and automatic spell checking doesn't seem to work either, but
I'm not sure if it ever worked, I only use Opera seldom for testing.

Mike