On Tuesday 25 November 2008, 15:54, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Zsitvai János wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >> So you're saying I must spend 1 hour to mask all the stuff?  (Not
> >> joking, the list is big, I have to do "emerge -av world" each time
> >> and see the package, mask it, emerge again, mask it, emerge again,
> >> mask it, ad infinitum.  This is not funny :P)
> >
> > eix -C kde-|grep "\[[IU]\]"|awk -F" " '{print $2 ":4.1"}' >
> > /etc/portage/package.mask/kde4
>
> package.mask is a file here, not a directory.

It can also be a directory. See man portage for the details.

/etc/portage/
              Any  file in this directory that begins with "package." can
be more than just a flat file.  If it is a directory, then all the files
in that directory will be summed together as if it were a single file.

(and, btw, adapting the above to the case where package.mask is a single
file is very easy)