John covici wrote:
on Thursday 11/27/2008 Dale([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > Drew Tomlinson wrote:
 > > Modules are not autoloading since initial install with gentoo-sources
 > > 2.6.25.  I have since upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 but the issue
 > > persists.  In my previous Gentoo install and other Gentoo installs,
 > > autoloading modules worked.  I do not know why they are not loading in
 > > this case.
 > >
 > > I have the following:
 > >
 > > mythfe01 mythtv # cat /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 abituguru
 > > ftdi_sio
 > > lirc_i2c
 > >
 > > Yet on reboot, these modules don't load.  Loading manually works fine:
 > >
 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe abituguru
 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe ftdi_sio
 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe lirc_i2c
 > >
 > > Can anyone tell me where my error may be?
> > I think I read something after one of my upgrades that said loading
 > modules was changing.  If you keep your logs, check the messages that
 > appear when portage installs a package.  I only use nvidia here as a
 > module so I didn't pay much attention after the reboot worked.
> > I also checked emerge.log but I didn't recognize the package. Maybe
 > this will help tho.

If you are using  base layout 2.x then the name has changed along with
a number of other things -- there is a migration guide at
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml

Hope this helps.

Yes, I am using base layout 2.  This nudge is what I needed.

Thanks for all the replies!

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!