Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 13:10:26 Dale wrote:
>
>> Mine should be text.  I have Seamonkey set to send text only to anything
>> gentoo.org or kde.org.
>>
>> I can't check myself since gmail doesn't send me a copy back.  Is gmail
>> overriding my local setting?  Tell me it ain't so?
>>

> No, your mail is just fine - good old plain text. When I said "your mail" I
> meant in the larger context, like "if only the idiots at work would use HTML
> mail sanely, like how Dale says he uses it when away from the list"
>
> I routinely get HTML mail from the idiots who man our support desk, which
> contain:
>
> a. one word of information - "Thanks"
> b. 100k of the entire conversation up to that point, every single disclaimer
> from every single mail in the thread intact, 3 jpgs with the company logo and
> slogan, plus assorted stupid motivational platitudes from whatever church the
> sender happens to attend.
>
> One day I'm going to make good on my usual threat, and actually really make
> their mailbox go away :-)

Whew, I thought I was going to have to switch email addys again.  I was
not looking forward to having to pay Yahoo for theirs.  I'm certainly
not wanting to since I got a hospital bill to pay on now.  Oh well, I'm
living if that counts for anything.  ;-)

Since I am on dial-up, I hate the ones that have HUGE video clips
attached.  I have had to sign in via webmail and just delete the email
without ever even seeing it.  Don't you love it?  Maybe I shouldn't
mention that since it may give someone ideas.  LOL

Dale

:-)  :-)