Harry Putnam wrote:
> Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> You may want to check /etc/rc.conf and make sure it is not starting
>> there.  I'm assuming you want to boot to the default level but just not
>> wanting the GUI to start.  You may want search for softlevel and add
>> that to your boot loader.
>>

> Thanks... yes /etc/rc.conf was the culprit What I see about softlevel,
> using google ,it appears to be more involved than what I need.  It
> must be a tool in a larger package since eix doesn't know about it on
> up to date portage, but I see mention of it with google.

You may not need this but a little more info may be helpful someday.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4133027.html#4133027

softlevel isn't a software package but a command that can be passed from
the bootloader to the kernel.  You should get a better picture when you
read that thread.  I hope anyway.

Glad you got it working like you wanted tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)