Hi there!

I just encountered a mysterious phenomenon regarding cpufreqd. After
booting, it works properly for a while, including switching policies,
without any problem. Then, without any reason and without changing anything
in the configuration, cpufreqd fails to enable certain profiles, and at the
end it stucks at profile "performance", using the maximum of available
cpu-clockfrequency. The log is full with "Couldn't set profile"-Errors.

Even more mysterious is that it seems to be kernel-dependent. I couldn't
remember having had this problem with 2.6.24, so I switched back to
2.6.24-gentoo-r8, and voila - no problem, for nearly half a day.
As soon as I reactivate 2.6.25 or 26, cpufreqd produces the error-messages.

sys-power/cpufreqd-2.1.1
sys-power/cpufrequtils-002-r3
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.24-r8 (works)
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r7 (problem?)
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.26-r4 (problem?)

Thanks for suggestions
     Alex