Federico J. Fernández wrote:
Hi List,

I've been configuring a mail server with
Postfix+mySQL+Courier+Squirrelmail according to [1]. Courier IMAP is
working with the mySQL authentication, but I can't send mails via
postfix. When I send an email I get an "unkwon user" error. I suspect
that postfix is not using the defined mySQL table for some reason.

I tried to see the virtual map with postmap but I get a strange error:

  server postfix # postmap mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf
  postmap: fatal: unsupported map type: mysql

I think the syntax you need is
postmap -q "string" mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf

However looking at the mail logs is far simpler. If nothing jumps out at you in the logs post the output of postconf -n and cat /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf (minus user/passwd of course).

FWIW the Gentoo Virtual How-To is very unfancy and requires you to enter all virtual domains manually into the main.cf within virtual_mailbox_domains. If you do not do this, Postfix doesn't know that the domain exists.

I suggest doing something like this where it's a db call and you should never need to touch your main.cf. IIRC this will work if you added the optional mysql-transport table.
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport.cf

I also recommend ditching the Gentoo How-to and using PostfixAdmin which is light years better in schema and administration.

kashani