Dale wrote:
I thought gcp was the command, so I stand corrected on that part at
least.  I even thought maybe it was a GUI cp or something.  I was
curious as to how that would work.  < scratches head >

LOL - Joerg was just making a point that GNU variant of cp is a little different from the 'standard' UNIX (hmm - is there really such a thing?) version of cp. Err, on this list the point is a little oblique to say the least - since all Linux userland is GNU.

regards

Mark

P.s : As a Freebsd desktop user myself, I can get what Joerg is saying, but for the majority of purely Linux users on this list, the point is probably lost.