Hi,

Christian Franke schrieb:
> On 12/29/2008 02:32 PM, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
>> is there a general way to test, if a kernel module was loaded with a
>> module option and which module options were used?
>
> There is at least /sys/module/<modulname>/parameters/<parametername>
> If there is nothing else, one could at least compare each parameter to
> its default value or something like that. Attention, not everything in
> /sys/module _is_ a module, seems more like everything that is or _could_
> be a module is there.

Thanks for the info, but at my system there is no parameters folder for
the module I want to check. To be specific, I use lirc (which is still
outside of the kernel) and load the required modules during boot up. I
use baselayout-2 and set the option inside /etc/conf.d/modules:

module_lirc_imon_args="pad2keys_active=1"

Now I want to see, if this option is really set, because my remote is
not working good (have to press a button a few times before something
happens).

I have to load 2 modules for lirc: lirc_dev (general module) and
lirc_imon (my remote). For lirc_dev, there is a parameters dir, but not
for lirc_imon.

I think I have to ask the lirc maintainer for help.

Thanks anyway.
Marc