Hi,

Rates of the datatransfers to and from my IceBox external HD (USB to IDE) with
Cypress Chipset
sometimes (relative often) breaks down to a view kBytes/sec.
Simultaneously, mousemovements (USB mouse/Logitech) also start to stutter. The
only way out of
this scenario is a reboot. Unloading the according modules leads to
various unwanted sideeffects like total freezes and being unable to
reboot because the shutdown process is not able sync/unmount anymore.

At the time of buying the IcyBox this one was declared to be able to
work with Linux. Since then I had that problems...

My hardware:
IcyBox (USB->IDE, Cypress chipset)
Asus AV8 (Via Chipset)
Linux 2.6.27.10 (vanilla)
kernel config attached

Datatransfers via USB High speed to a for example 4GB UsbStick work
without problems.

Is there any way to circumvent these issues or anything known around
this?

Kind regards
Meino Cramer