s3b4sm4gr1 wrote:

> You should consider using LXDE as DE, which is designed for low memory
> and CPU usage...
>
> I'm currently using it on a Celeron Coppermine @ 600Mhz with 256 of
> PC133 RAM and it goes fine, among with abiword, gnumeric and
> claws-mail for the office work, consonance for music playing, and
> pidgin and conspire for Instant Messaging...
>
> Regards...
>

> --
> En el pasado creímos que se nos acababa
> el petróleo, pero en realidad lo que se nos
> acababan eran las IDEAS.
> http://www.lacomunidadpetrolera.com
> Gentoo/* (Linux #455615) www.gentoove.org <http://www.gentoove.org>
> 53:04:4e:b5:f9:7e:4a:fb:66:a2:19:12:da:d5:97:f8
> 8A3A C955 715D D88A 87CD  E21F F827 ADD7 F589 B4A4
> Sebastian Magrí (sebasmagri) <sebasmagri_at_gmail_dot_com>

OK folks, all have a seat please.  I ran a full blown KDE on a 133Mhz
machine with 256Mbs of ram.  A friend if mine played Solitaire on it and
it worked well.  It even had sound on it.

Yea, it took a while to boot but I told him this is Linux, just leave it
running 24/7.  Worked until the house burned down.

Close your mouths, you are catching flies.  LOL

Dale

:-)  :-)