On 23 Jan 2009, at 14:58, Grant Edwards wrote:

On 2009-01-23, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

On 23 Jan 2009, at 05:16, Grant Edwards wrote:
... I found a very slick solution that lets Windows XP use
a Linux swap partition for swap/paging/vm/whatever-MS-calls-it:

http://db.bme.hu/~surprof/SwapFs-i/

That looks a really cool & useful idea.

However, I have a reservation. Since you NEED to use it -
perhaps for space considerations?

Yup.  Mainly because I use ntfsclone to keep a bunch of backup
copies of the NTFS partition, and having a 2GB swap file in
every backup copy starts to eat up a lot of disk space.

It might be possible to script removing the swap file at shutdown (or place a wrapper script to mount the partition & remove the swapfile before running ntfsclone). But I appreciate this is less elegant than just using the same swap partition for both o/s.

Stroller.