On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 08:02:27AM -0800, Penguin Lover Grant squawked:
> One of my systems with totally empty package.* files wants to emerge
> hardened-sources-2.6.25-r13 as it should, but --depclean wants to:

How do you determine this? (I mean the "as it should" part?)

Are you running ~ or stable?

> sys-kernel/hardened-sources
> selected: 2.6.25-r13
> protected: none
> omitted: 2.6.27-r3
>
> If I do that, emerge world just wants to emerge it again.  Does anyone
> know how to fix this?

If you remove it, what does emerge -pvt say?

Seen in LINAC @ Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory:
  (A series of signs, each with a different "name")
 This 7833 Power Amplifier Tube is to be Called:
       Gassy
       Sparky
       Leaky
       Old Number 9
       Just Plain Dead
       Nick O'Tyme
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 777 days, 15:36