Cool. Thanks. That looks like it should solve the issue.

Ben

----- Original Message ----
From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sa...@gmail.com>
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 11:32:32 AM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop Lid Close...

I've googled a bit and found these two things:

[1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/175464
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/51591

They both refer to problems with hald and acpid entering in conflict.
Check if you are using hald. If you are, try stopping it and starting
acpid to see if it still gives you the problem.

Concerning the fact that the script isn't called, you have to check in
your /etc/acpi/event/default. Make sure that you have lines such as:

event=.*
action=/etc/acpi/default.sh %e

Basically, it says that for any event handled by acpi, launch
/etc/acpi/default.sh.
And in /etc/acpi/default.sh, check for the "lid" event. It should look
like this:

[...]
case "$group" in
    [...]
    lid)
         /etc/acpi/screen_off.sh > /tmp/screen_off 2>&1
[...]

where screen_off.sh is the script I sent you in my previous mail.

HTH,

Greg