Saphirus Sage wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to upgrade my kernel but I got this.
>>
>> r...@smoker /usr/src/linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r8 # make all && make
>> modules_install
>>   CHK     include/linux/version.h
>>   CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
>>   CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
>>   CHK     include/linux/compile.h
>> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `n/n', needed by
>> `firmware/n.gen.o'.  Stop.
>> make: *** [firmware] Error 2
>> r...@smoker /usr/src/linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r8 #
>>
>> I have always used that command but it doesn't usually end like this.  I
>> think that is right.  What is target 'n/n'?  Am I missing something?
>> Kernel version is in the prompt up there too.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>

> What firmware drivers had you enabled when you configured the kernel?

Well, I copied .config from my old kernel, ran oldconfig then menuconfig
to check on a couple things.  Everything looked normal enough for me
system.  I did say no to the new stuff tho.  My old kernel works fine so
I am really only updating the kernel.

I'm not sure what you mean by "firmware drivers"?  I don't use modules
but it does have a couple that are default and can't get rid of.

Dale

:-)  :-)