>> Do you know if there is an equivalent destroy command for ifconfig or
>> iwconfig since wlanconfig is a madwifi tool?  'ifconfig wlan0 destroy'
>> doesn't work and I tried 'ifconfig wlan0 down'.  'airmon-ng start
>> wlan0' does put wlan0 into monitor mode (as verified by 'ifconfig')
>> but I don't get any airodump-ng results unless net.wlan0 is started.
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> 'airmon-ng stop wlan0' should just exit monitor mode.
>
> 'airmon-ng start wlan0' creates a new device (mon0 or phy0 or something),
> and 'airmon-ng stop wlan0' will remove it.

That all works great, the problem is it only works when net.wlan0 is
started.  I'm told I:

"need to load the modules and setup the interface for your card"

because that's probably what net.wlan0 does.  I tried to look through
net.wlan0 but I'm lost in there.  Any idea what I might need to do
that net.wlan0 usually does for me?

- Grant