reQuiem23 wrote:

> Florian Philipp-4 wrote:
>
>> reQuiem23 schrieb:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I emerged Gnome 2.24 and am now experiencing problems with removable
>>> media.
>>> It was not an upgrade, but a new install. Whenever i insert a CD or USB
>>> stick, the system recognizes it (as you can see in the output of tail
>>> /var/log/messages), but nautilus doesn't show a desktop icon or even
>>> auto-mounts the volume. Are there any log files (maybe from udev and
>>> nautilus) or settings i could check to investigate the problem? or is
>>> there
>>> anything special about 2.24 that i could have overread?
>>>

>> Most likely either hald is not running or some gnome packages were
>> emerged without the hal useflag.
>>

> the hal USE-flag is enabled and all packages are compiled with it. hald is
> also running. is there any information (logs, for example) which would help
> to investigate the problem?

I use KDE and mine doesn't do this either.  It does for my camera but
not a memory stick or that sort of thing.  I am curious as to how that
worked before tho cause I would like it to work for me too.  If it can
work with Gnome it should be some way for KDE to work too.  Vice versa
as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)