Stroller wrote:
> For more funroll-loopiness I contemplate using ext4 for the new system
> I'm about to install.
>
> Anyone know of any LiveCDs that would support this?
>
> I _think_ it should be just a case of untarring the stage 3, chrooting
> in, updating everything to latest & reboot. As long as I use 2.6.28
> when I install I don't think there should be anything that is
> incompatible with ext4??
>
> Or would I be better off using ext3 and converting it to ext4 in a
> month or two? Are there any downsides to converting a fs from ext3 to
> ext4 in this way?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stroller.

See if Knoppix supports it yet.  If it does, you are good to go.
Anything that is bootable, has chroot and its friends available should
work.  It doesn't have to be Gentoo specific.

You could do like I do.  I copy everything over to another drive, then
do whatever to my main drive then copy it back.  I have done that
several times and it works pretty well.

Dale

:-)  :-)