Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:.
I can't think of a single reason why the installer should operate in a
different manner to the way the thing will be used.
Because installation is boring.  The easier it is, the better.

wrong. The installation needs a certain difficulty to keep idiots away. Nobody needs idiots (except maybe ubuntu).

That is insulting. My mother uses Ubuntu. Thanks for calling her an idiot. Obviously if someone wants to use his computer in order to get something done without doing a Ph.D on Portage and /etc first, then that person is an idiot.

Great thinking. Fortunately, there are people (like the Ubuntu folks) who don't think that way and are trying to make Linux more popular to people who need a computer to do tasks that are not related to the computer itself.