Hello,

I have encountered a problem maintaining my system using revdep-rebuild.  I
have both gcc-3.4.6 and gcc-4.3.2 installed on my machine.  I mainly use
gcc4, but sometimes I need g77 because many people at my laboratory use
fortran code that is not compliant with gfortran standards.

However, I have an Intel duo Core machine, so I usually have the CFLAG
march=core2, but this is not supported in gcc3.  Thus, if I need to rebuild
gcc3 during revdep-rebuild, I have to do most of the updates by hand so that
I can turn on an older march setting for gcc3 (such as march=nocona).

Is there some way to set specfic CFLAGS for different gcc installs?  Is my
method of manually having different architectures for different gcc
installations a risk?

Regards,
daid